10.15.2007

Still Moving Soon As I Can, Though

He just turned around perhaps more out of habit than out of self-consciousness or fear twirling the left side of his mustache, narrowing his eyes at me in confusion.

I bet I looked confusing to him. In his cultural paradigm if he were to know my age he'd think me a harlot or run to police about me being an old maid (or would it be the other way around? *shrug*) on account of my clothes. He saw me laughing at him. "You sir....are excellently awesome!" And then I ran away, back into my time machine. Thus was my pestering of Thomas Nast.


"Parents want the assurance that when their children go to school they will learn the fundamentals of reading, writing and arithmetic – not social indoctrination regarding alternative sexual lifestyles. Now that SB777 is law, schools will in fact become indoctrination centers for sexual experimentation," she said."




Oh wait. Mixing them up.

Schools will become indoctrination centers? So like, they weren't before?

The only thing I can find redeeming about living in California is that if you're gonna have libertarian ideas or free market afflictions, this is the place to test them. Here, we get both sides of the stupid.

Addendum: I don't mean to equate the pro-homosexual agenda with the perceived threat of a Catholic Horde of lil' over a century ago. I just can't but laugh at the irony that they at that time complained that Catholics were undermining the "foundation of America" by not sending their kids to public schools and instead setting up their own.

From my textbook in which there is this excerpt from this book:

Another foundation stone of our free institutions is the Public School, of which the state has and should have the entire direction without any ecclesiastical interference whatsoever...Pius IX says that it is an error to hold that "the entire direction of public schools...may and must appertain to the civil power, and belong to it so far that no other authority whatsoever shall be recognized as having any right to interfere in the discipline of the schools, the arrangement of the studies...or the choice and approval of the teachers." .... Bishop McQuaid in a lecture...[in] Boston, February 13, 1876, declared: "The state has no right to educate, and when the state undertakes the work of education it is usurping the powers of the church." [Italics and 3-dots in the original]

hahahaha. Pay for what you get, and such.