In what ways, for instance, does the profoundly “public” character of the resolves serve to further underscore the privateness of these letters?
DUDE I DON'T FREAKIN' KNOW.
The public nature of the resolves drags Hutchinson's private thoughts into the spotlight.
"ah well I'm the Massachusetts House of Representatives and as the HR I say that these letters totally show Hutchinson to be doubleplusungood and scheming to make everyone here look bad even though we're totally upsetting apple carts with awesomely clever shit-eating grins on our faces the whole time BUT!
We do it in public. And there's the rub and no you can't rub it for me. We break stuff, we taunt people with guns and then call them thugs when they start shooting. We start shootouts with soldiers and then hold near religious funeral processions for little German kids who held stray bullets for us, with their stomachs. We bitch and whine about not being represented in Parliament but still getting taxed, and then when offered Parliamentary seats we say we don't want them. But this jackass does it behind our backs."
Now all I need to do is to say that without cussing or sexual innuendo (though why I have to excise that while they didn't have to is beyond me) and then explain what they were really saying again without cussing or sexual innuendo or making fun of them for being just as statist as the next ... as the... as the next statist, duh. and about...four pages of that and I'd have one of the many questions from the comments on the first draft of my thesis answered.
Oh and I love that line in the first link: As a result, Ben's reputation in England suffered. Yeah, being a jackass no one can trust will kinda do that.
|