10.03.2007

1 Hour and Five Minute Later Trascript

So...talk to me.

*looks at mousepad on her desk*

And...and tell me straight. Even if I get mad or upset...so, what?

I...I don't care about the subject. About the way it's presented.

You don't...care?

I mean, I do care, I think it's important--I think the regional, sectional differences are really interesting the way that the North and South really did see themselves as two basically two different nations and the...the federalizing of ... of civic law, of civic rights, I think that's really interesting but...

But...

But I don't respect duBois.

...You don't...respect...duBois?

Well. Not "disprespect" even though that's what I just said. I ... *mouse pad again* I mainly don't agree with him. I agree more with Booker T even though he's... [duBois outlived BTW by almost fifty years so it's hard for me to call them contemporaries] I'm not completely sure they were contemporaries

They definitely butted heads

They certainly did and I just...agree with Booker T more, and ... no he certainly does have his faults

*nods*

And I don't...I don't care anymore about...about the rightness or whatever, of having to read duBois that doesn't matter to me, I just want to get out of class. Not out of class-class, but to be done, and get my work permit and just...get out and I...I know that I won't do well in such a seminar, and I looked and there are others I can take

*nods*

So...

And really...you did not have to tell me all this. You've obviously thought about it and your perspective is very different and truthfully...what I have to say doesn't interest you. What you are interested in, I am not interested in. You could have just dropped the class. Your voice, in the class, would have been very...enlightening, and had you shown up something something others could have learned. But you won't be there.

Oh yeah absolutely...at the same time I said I'd be here at 4pm and didn't want to just not show up and you said your email needs a 48 hour response time so...

And I could tell yesterday that you were not happy in the class

[I did audibly snort with disgust when she started to like, pretend to cry like a baby instead of just saying 'you have a kid' or something like "us urban people got our own thing goin on while the rural folk are all chawin on hay"]

so just...be...you already have a sense of what you want to pursue about history, so ... Be. A. Scholar. And do your thing.

*shook hands, I left*