That was the only lasting thing I got from listening to the John Ziegler Show. No, perceiving that the sky is green does not in and of itself make it green, but if that really is how you perceive the sky to be colored then you're going to act as if that were a part of reality because...why would you act any different? Now if you perceive that the sky is green but should be blue, or something similar, then that's another story and a part of the reality within which you operate.
I perceive reading a book at a bus stop to be preferable to staring at the cars that go by the bus stop; this perception doesn't change or affect whether reading a book really is better than staring at the street, but I operate as if it were, and for myself that's what matters and is what I can affect.
Apparentfuckingly, other people at the bus stop perceive leaving me alone to read, to be not as preferable as talking to me, por exemplo yesterday
dude: uuuuuuh you know what time it is?
me: ...uh, 530. *turn back to my book*
dude: ohkay. *a minute later* hey, are you in college?
me: *try ignoring*
dude: hey
me: huh?
dude: you in college? I see you're reading.
me: no. Not in college.
dude: ooooooooh. yeah, you got a book I thought you were. So you're in high school then?
me: No. No motherfucker I'm not in high school I'm in the parking lot of a Target waiting for a bus reading a fucking book, and not waiting for you to come up to me and ask me stupid shit like .... 'Are you reading a book?' Really do you think I have some magical mystical powers related to the books? Think maybe somewhere in my book if I read reeeeeeeeeeaally hard I can find out when the bus is gonna get here? Dude is that why you're asking me this crap 'cause that would actually make a lot more sense than what I think you're asking me for.
dude: What do you think I'm asking you for?
me: really I think you're asking me because you don't read. I don't know if you can and choose not to, but whatever the reason, you do not. aaaaand it's just really weird for you to see someone reading...someone with tits no less! I REALLY don't have to read 'cause I can just suck a dick, can't I? Be a lot harder to have a conversation but hey what's there to say?
dude: ....Wait, what?
me: maaaaan I don't know. I don't know why you and everyone else asks me...not even, what I'm reading, 'cause that I've been asked and it's like, that's like whatever, but are you reading....like, no shit? You don't see a book? Whence comes the spark of inquiry for this? You see me reading and then ask me if that's what I'm doing. And it's not like I can really just answer "no. No I'm not reading" because this is Riverside and I don't know how fucking crazy you are and don't care to find out from having somehow insulted you.
dude: ...did you just say all that?
me: No. No I didn't. In for serials I just said no I'm not in high school and went back to reading my book.
dude: So what was your point? Bitch about people annoying you during the day and then bitch about being a loner at night?
me: ... hmm. Well aren't you an interesting fellow.
9.22.2008
Perception Is Reality
Yo Soy
Joss Fritz
at
22.9.08
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|