3.29.2008

On Being Up Late For No Reason

There's really nothing like explaining some tangent on why you just said you believe X, and then the guy you're talking to just says "No." Double-bonus-swoon if he adds "I don't believe that because it's not in the Bible."

In other news, how odd it feels.

To have these dual feelings of both infatuation and of not giving a damn of what other people think. Or that like...I ought to feel this way.

Anyway, I've been getting Demon Hunter songs stuck in my head and well what else am I gonna do at 2 in the morning but look up lyrics online.

And was at first like woooooow this is rad stuff. Fun happy funtimes.

No day of wrath will see me break for that faithless breath of shame
When the heretics come to make that list, be true to speak my name
...
No man can bring a fatal sting and I laugh at the gallows thrall
Just line it tight around my neck so my words will break that fall



And this just stood out when I first listened to this album and still chills the back of my neck.

And those who curse the sky will face the earth

Because uh...because I'm a chick and emotional and read too much into stuff.

But then I read from this song and found it so damn funny.

Bury every sign of life in filth and hollow trend
And push against progression on the path of logic’s end
Like tears flowing upward

(Chorus)

With every waking second you front, another real life loses ground
Ten thousand arms outstretched and you have the nerve to strike them all
No reason to coexist?
No reason to exist


So yeah. The first two lyrics are from Grand Finale.